- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk*
- 1/2 cup whey protein powder*
- 1/2 cup (packed) fresh herbs (parsley, chives, basil, oregano, thyme, etc.)
- 1/4 cup reduced fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste (optional)
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Created by Monica Reinagel, MS, LD/N, CNS, The Nutrition Diva, NutritionOverEasy.com
Makes 1 cup dressing (10 servings; 1 serving equivalent to 1 ounce)
Add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth. You can also make this in a glass jar with an immersion blender. Store in fridge and shake before using.
*Low-fat or fat-free plain yogurt can be substituted for buttermilk, if desired.
*The amount of protein content can vary product to product.
Nutrition Information Per Serving (1 ounce per serving): Calories 50; Total Fat 3 g (Sat 0 g, Trans 0 g); Cholesterol less than 5 mg; Sodium 130 mg; Total Carbohydrates 3 g; Dietary Fiber 0 g; Sugars less than 1 g; Protein 4 g.