- 1 1/2 cup unbleached white flour
- 1 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup whey protein powder*
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Created by Monica Reinagel, MS, LD/N, CNS, The Nutrition Diva, NutritionOverEasy.com
Makes 4 cups mix (enough for 32 pancakes)
Mix all ingredients and store in airtight container.
- Variation: Decrease white whole wheat flour to 1 cup and add 1/2 cup oat bran.
- *The amount of protein content can vary product to product.
Nutrition Information Per Serving (37 g): Calories 120; Total Fat 0 g (Sat 0 g, Trans 0 g); Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 520 mg; Total Carbohydrates 22 g; Dietary Fiber 2 g; Sugars 3 g; Protein 9 g.
Whey Better Pancakes
- 1 cup Whey Better Make-Ahead Pancake Mix
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk*
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon canola oil (or melted butter)
Makes 8 pancakes
- Whisk buttermilk, egg, and canola oil together in medium size bowl.
- Add pancake mix to buttermilk mix and stir just until combined.
- Spray skillet or griddle with non-stick spray and heat until a drop of water dances on the surface.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter onto heated surface and cook until bubbles form and edges are set. Flip and cook until second side is browned.
- Serve with butter, maple syrup, preserved fruit, chopped nuts, or your favorite toppings. (Please note, nutrition information per serving does not include these toppings)
- As soon as you add batter to pan, sprinkle each cake with a half teaspoon of chia seeds.
- To make waffles, follow the waffle iron instructions for how much batter to add.
*1 cup of low-fat milk with 1 tablespoon lemon juice can be substituted for buttermilk, if desired.
Nutrition Information Per Serving (106 g; 2 pancakes): Calories 170;
Total Fat 5 g (Sat 1 g, Trans 0 g); Cholesterol 45 mg; Sodium 550 mg;
Total Carbohydrates 21 g; Dietary Fiber 2 g; Sugars 6 g; Protein 10 g.